Welcome to our community!
Religious Education at First Parish Cambridge provides programming for children ages 4-18, and nursery care for our youngest children. Our Sunday morning program is an opportunity for us to deeply explore our spirits in a nurturing community. Our programs use worship, social justice, discussion, ritual, story, art exploration, holiday celebrations from religions around the world, and cooperative games to build community. Each person is a gift to us, and we look forward to meeting your gifts with our own.
Here at First Parish we strive to:
• Act with compassion
• Learn our faith and the Seven Principles
• Empower ourselves to stand up for the oppressed and create justice in the world
• Welcome families of all cultures, genders, classes, races, abilities and orientations
• Deepen our spirits in worship together
• Join in traditions and rites of passage to celebrate and support each other- Flower Communion, Coming of Age, retreats, Child Dedications, Easter Egg Hunt and more
• Study world religions and cultures to learn about the worth and dignity of every human being
• Stretch and grow as we learn
Our Seven Principles: A Rainbow Version for Children
Respect all Beings
Offer fair and kind treatment to all
Yearn to learn
Grow in spirit and mind
Believe in my ideas and act on them
Insist on peace, justice, freedom for all
Value our connection to nature
Programs for children and youth run during the academic year; children are welcome in the sanctuary at all times and particularly during our casual summer services. Children often begin in the sanctuary with their families for a Story for All Ages, then depart for the program around 10:45. Once a month, they meet in our beautiful historic Barn Room for Children’s Worship. Occasional Sundays during the academic year are specially-designed intergenerational services for all ages. Nursery care is available all year.
If First Parish Cambridge sounds like a good fit for your family, come give us a try this week! If you will be visiting us for the first time, we encourage you to contact the Director of Religious Education for a special welcome. Contact DRE [at] fpCambridge [dot] org