Making the Most of RE at First Parish in Cambridge
7th Graders hang their Beloved Colmmunity mural in front of our Gallery.
• Registration. Parents/guardians, you can find our forms online and e-mail the completed forms to DRE [at] firstparishcambrige [dot] org or return them in person to any RE staff. Please be sure to include any special concerns (allergies, learning assistance needed, etc.) and your insurance information.
• Attendance. Please bring your child weekly! We have a full, exciting year planned and we want you there for it. Your child will learn the most when they know their teachers, classmates, rituals and songs. If your child will be absent, please let the classroom teacher know. If you have an extended absence, please contact Director of RE Mandy Neff to help your child reintegrate into the classroom community.
• Volunteer Commitment. Religious Education is cooperative – and experienced members know, the more you put in, the more you get out of it. Every family needs to make a significant donation of time, and we also encourage families to pledge. You can teach, serve on the RE Committee, or coordinate a special event like our REtreat or Easter Egg Hunt. Our greatest need is for teachers. Each year we need between 2 and 6 teachers per grade level – that’s 27 teachers this year! You’ll get to know your small group deeply and see the change you make in their lives. Our RE staff supplies lesson plans, materials, training and weekly check-ins to make sure you succeed in the classroom.
• Home Support. Make your home a UU home. Commit to a daily family practice of table grace, prayer, or volunteer service for the year. Make a space for UU art in your home. Take time to talk with your family about their RE experience – and about the things that make you wonder.
• Directions and Parking. Free parking is available in the adjacent Church Street lot until 1 pm with a validation stamp. Limited metered street spots are also free on Sundays. Plan to arrive early for the best selection.
Any questions about the program? Please let us know; we’re there to help! Bruce Leslie-Pritchard RECommittee [at] firstparishcambridge [dot] org RE Committee Chair Mandy Neff dre [at] fpcambridge [dot] org (617) 876-7772 x 205 Director of Religious Education